Wednesday, June 3, 2009

stumbleupon

blog #1.
i'm not sure anything i say is exciting or relevant...ever, really. i always find other people's ideas so much more interesting and enlightening. it might just be because i don't spend enough time thinking. or because my thoughts are just incomprehensible. i always hesitate before answering the question "what are you thinking about?" because it's always 9999 things at once. i would seem crazy if i explained how one thought led to another. it's a mess in there, really.

i also wouldn't describe myself as introspective at all. i can't imagine what people must think about when they sit for hours just contemplating life. or philosophers ! goodness. the things people come up with. if i could record my thoughts or maintain my stream of consciousness in any way, i'd definitely publish a book. but i can never remember an idea long enough to write it down, because the thought of writing it down replaces the thought i originally had. similar to how i can't remember what i did on weekends (sober), or figure out what my plans are for the future, (though i can't say i live in the moment either), i'm learning that i'm ridiculously confused more than half the time. so if i keep a record of my life--because i've 'outgrown' xanga haaa--i'll have something to come back to. and laugh at. and maybe cry over. *shrug.

anyways. the number of time-wasting things i've found to do this past year is astounding. it's ironic how much easier it is to find distractions when you can't afford to have any. one of such distractions is the mozilla function stumbleupon. of the many artists i came across while stumbling, this one seemed the most appealing. i can't seem to figure out whether each photo is staged, or whether the photographer just had extremely good luck across a span of time while roaming the city. either way, i think it's pretty awesome.

back for more soon ! tell me if you've had enough already :]

3 comments:

  1. It's not so ironic that you drag me in with you to your vast world of procrastination with textsfromlastnight and youtube videos of Abigail Breslin... creep. Also, I love how blogspot has now just created the ten thousandth medium for us to comment on each other's thoughts and life comments.

    So I made my account, but got really nervous when the actual blog writing space page came up.. so I didn't end up writing anything.. oh well. Maybe in a bit? Well it's 930 in the morning and I'm awake because Nico called me at 830 (and was surprised to find that he woke me up), and I have a lot of time before work, so I'll probably get something done in that time. And I will add a not-so-subtle shoutout to you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a very long intro...

    hahaha btw, I like the blog name.

    Sonrisas?...sounds very...festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no entries after the first one? :(

    ReplyDelete